Cyprus Time is GMT +2.
Public service operating hours are flexible all year round. Operating days are from Monday to Friday starting between 07:30 – 08:30 and closing between 15:00 – 16:00. Private sector working hours are 08:00 – 13:00, 15:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday for the period September 15th – May 31st and 08:00 – 13:00, 16:00 – 19:00 Monday to Friday, for the period June 1st – September 14th.
Shop opening times vary depending on their type and location, though shops normally open between 07:00 and 09:00. During the period November 1st – March 31st shops close at 19:30 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, at 15:00 on Wednesday, and at 19:00 on Saturday. For the period April 1st – October 31st shops close at 20:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, at 15:00 on Wednesday and, at 19:30 on Saturday. During the period June 15th – August 31st there is an optional three hour afternoon break from14:00 – 17:00.
Special shopping hours apply for Christmas and Easter. From December 1st to December 31st, shops may remain open until 20:00 throughout the week, but must close by 18:00 on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. Shops can also remain open until 20:00 10 days before Easter Sunday, but must close by 18:00 on Good Friday.
Breakfast is usually served between 07:00 and 10:00 in the morning. Lunch is served in restaurants between 12:00 and 15:00. Dinner is served from 19:00 till late in the evening.
The days listed below are public holidays in Cyprus. All public services, private enterprises, banks and shops are closed on public holidays though many shops and certain services remain open in resorts and coastal areas. Banks are closed on Easter Tuesday but not on Christmas Eve.
– January 1st – New Year’s Day
– January 6th – Epiphany Day
– March 25th – Greek National Day
– April 1st – National Anniversary Day
– May 1st – Labor Day
– August 15th – Assumption of the Virgin Mary
– October 1st – Cyprus Independence Day
– October 28th – Greek National Anniversary Day
– December 24th – Christmas Eve
– December 25th – Christmas Day
– December 26th – Boxing Day
– Variable – Green Monday (50 Days before Greek Orthodox Easter)
– Variable – Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Church)
– Variable – Easter Monday (Greek Orthodox Church)
– Variable – Pentecost – Kataklysmos (Festival of the Flood)